Braeside House

81 Liberton Brae
Edinburgh EH16 6LE
Tel: 0131 270 3020



Jenny's Well

196 Hawkhead Road
Paisley PA2 7BS

Tel: 0141 370 7950


Braeside House and Jenny's Well are part of the national charity Royal Blind, charity number SC017167.


Other key information

What is included in our fees 

Resident and care workerFull-time nursing care and accommodation, daily activities, all meals, home baking, tea and coffee and laundry are all included in the care home fee.

We will ensure a balanced and nutritious menu is available for you and provide you with a choice of menu for breakfast, lunch and evening meal which shall accommodate your dietary needs and, as far as practicable, your personal preferences. Snacks and drinks are available throughout the day and night. 

Within the care home you shall have access to your own room, as well as all communal areas and the gardens. 

Optional extras 

We can arrange the following extra services in addition to those covered by the fee for care and accommodation. We shall advise you of their cost beforehand: 


Aromatherapy Massage


Beautician appointments

Dry cleaning

Transport/accompaniment to medical appointments 

Cancellation terms

Throughout the duration of your initial four weeks in the care home you or your representative may terminate your placement by giving seven days’ notice. After your trial period you and/or your representative may terminate this agreement for any reason by giving 14 days’ written notice to both the council and to us. 

Trial period 

The first four weeks of your stay shall be regarded as a trial period to ensure that the care home is suitable for you. This period may be extended by agreement between you, us and the council to allow further consideration of your care needs.


Royal Blind has public liability insurance and other insurances relevant to the provision of care.

However, personal possessions and money are not covered by the organisation’s insurance and any cover required must be arranged individually. We are not able to store valuables.


It is advisable not to have large amounts of cash and we are unable to take responsibility for it. A small cash float may be retained on your behalf by the Administrative Assistant for incidental expenses with the agreement of you and your representative.

How we deal with complaints 

You are welcome to make comments or suggestions at any time in respect of the service you receive from us, and we will respond to this in writing within 14 days at the latest acknowledging this and setting out our response and the reasons for our response.

Should you wish to receive independent assistance or advice we shall help you to contact your Care Manager or other relevant advocate. 

Should you be dissatisfied with any aspect of our service, you have the right to complain to us using our complaints procedure. We would encourage you to talk to us in the first instance. Your key worker or Care Home manager shall be pleased to discuss with you or your representative, any concerns that you may have

If we are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, and you wish to refer your complaint to the Care Inspectorate or your local council. 

Please contact us if you have a question regarding our care homes.