Braeside House

81 Liberton Brae
Edinburgh EH16 6LE
Tel: 0131 270 3020



Jenny's Well

196 Hawkhead Road
Paisley PA2 7BS

Tel: 0141 370 7950


Braeside House and Jenny's Well are part of the national charity Royal Blind, charity number SC017167.


Frequently Asked Questions

Is there wifi access?

There is free wifi access in all areas, which is accessible with a password that can be requested from staff.

My eyesight is very poor but I am not registered blind or partially sighted. Am I still eligible for admission?

If you have a visual impairment that impacts on your daily living we are happy to discuss admission with you.

Many people with a visual impairment chose not to register despite the severity of their condition. If you have been told that you are eligible to be registered blind or partially sighted by your Eye Specialist, registration can be done following assessment by an ophthalmologist.

What about insurance for my personal belongings?

We recommend that you have personal insurance in place for any items of value that you bring in with you. We cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.

What about my eye care?

All residents are offered domcillary opticical care. If there needs to be input from an Opthalmologist a referral can be made by the GP

What can I do to pass my time?

We encourage you to continue with your interests if you are still able to. Within our care homes we have dedicated activity staff who organise various recreational activities – both group and one to one – to suit each individual’s needs.


What do I do if I have a suggestion or complaint?

We would hope that you would speak to us about any concerns in the first instance. Staff are happy to discuss any suggestions or deal with any complaints in line with Royal Blind policy

What happens about my laundry?

All personal laundry is carried out on the premises. It is essential that all clothes are labelled prior to admission. We can advise on where to purchase labels. If you require assistance labelling or marking clothes we shall be pleased to help by arrangement. There may be an additional charge for this. 

Any items requiring dry cleaning are sent to an external dry cleaners and you are responsible for the cost incurred. Any losses as a result of our procedures will be replaced with a reasonable alternative.


What happens when my funds run low?

At this point we would advise you to contact the local authority's Social Care Direct for a financial reassessment. It is important to note that care or accommodation do not change depending on funding sources. The care home Managers will be able to advise further on this.


What if I need help to dress and bathe?

We provide 24 hour care and staff are always available to assist you in your needs. We continue to encourage you to be as independent as possible and respect your choices.

What qualifications do your members of staff have?

We have Registered Nurses in the building over 24 hours. To support the Registered Nurses, the majority of care staff have SVQ (care) qualifications.