We have a great volunteering opportunity for anyone interested in a career in fundraising.
Royal Blind is able to continue and grow its work thanks to the genrosity of our supporters. As we enter into an exciting new development, the building of our new care home in Paisley, we have a great opportunity to expand the reach of our fundraising prospects, and are looking for someone who is interested in fundraising to come and volunteer with us. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in a career in fundraising to gain some valuable experience and insight.
Key tasks / role requirements:
The role will involve assisting the fundraisers (the Senior Fundraiser and the Fundraising and Supporter Development Officer) in a capital fundraising campaign to raise money for a new care home, and in other fundraising activities. This will to some extent be led by the skills and interests of the volunteer. Duties could include:
· Gathering information on potential supporters in the Renfrewshire area online and by telephone enquiry
· Recording information in Excel and other formats
· Sending out written communications by email or by post to potential supporters
· Identifying potential sites for Royal Blind collection boxes
· Approaching potential collection box sites by email, telephone, mail or in person to with an ask
· Help create fundraising materials to recruit and engage supporters in Paisley
· Sourcing gifts in kind for fundraising events
· Assisting with preparation for fundraising events
Must be able to volunteer on a Friday (this is when we have a free desk.), within our office hours, 9am – 3.30pm, but we are flexible if the volunteer wishes to start or leave earlier than the hours stated. The role will be for 3 months initially, but with the potential to extend.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, or would like more information, contact Lucy Christopher in our Fundraising Department, or call 0131 229 1456.